Friday, May 2, 2008

Battle Shields















We are still working on our Middle Age unit. Today we worked on making our battle shields. It was very interesting discovering what the different colors,animals and designs meant. When a knight was in battle they had to be able to distinguish whether another knight was friend or foe. You had to be able to tell all of that from their shield. The colors had to be very bright so that you could see the shields from far away. The boys thought the most interesting thing was if you had an animal that the tongues, claws, eyes were bright red. This stood for courage and fierceness. Very Interesting!!!






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your shields! Are you using KONOS? I looked into that program...it looks like so much fun! Mine are only 5 and 3 so I am still doing a lot of "looking around" on things like this...When I looked through a KONOS book (if this is where you got the unit) this particular unit look especially fun!

Misc. Muse said...

Outstanding shields. I need to work on the quilt one my son designed- it is a family crest. Linda