Monday, April 14, 2008

Ear Candles?

Have you ever heard of such a thing? Well I had heard of it but never done it. Today I made a phone call to our pastor's wife who just happens to be a nurse. Austin was has had an ear ache the last couple of days and I wasn't for sure if there was something I could do over the counter instead of having to have a doctors appointment. She suggested a couple of things and then suggested that we try ear candling. So we went to the health food store and picked up our "candles". Both boys were so interested and wanted to learn more. So the lady at the health food store was so nice and showed them a book showing them what the ear canal looks like and where the waxbuild up was and how the candle would work. So we got home and went to work. Both of the boys and myself did this. Can I just say GROSS!!!! I couldn't believe the yucky wax that came out. I also can't believe how much better I'm hearing. Since it was gross both boys were very interested. I also was able to throw in a lesson on the human body, they don't realize that they had a lesson which was why it was so much fun. I was going to take pictures of what we got out of our ears, but I couldn't bring myself to do this. That is how incredibly gross it was.

No comments: